WHAT IS A BRAZILIAN BLOW WAVE
The Cacao Brazilian Blow wave is a method of temporarily Straightening hair by sealing the hair with a liquid Keratin and a preservative solution with a flat hair iron. The service tames unruly hair, removes frizz & reduces curl by up to 70%.
The services takes up to 3 hours as follows:
Shampoo Hair with clarifying shampoo to remove all product build up
Dry and apply treatment
- Flat iron hair up to 12 times per section
- Rinse and apply Hydrating treatment
How it works……..
- The product which contains a preservative formalin / methanol glycol is applied to the hair. This product is activated at 23% during the straight iron process which seals the keratin into the hair. The keratin treatment penetrates the hair leaving the hair stronger and healthier.
- When heated however this preservative produces formaldehyde fumes. The more preservative there is in the product the more formaldehyde fumes are produced which can cause health problems. The Brazilian Cacau only has 0.0000613 % formaldehyde which is 1.230 under the approved amount of the EU
- Formaldehyde itself is a gas – not a liquid. It is released during the ironing process as a result of the heat & moisture produced.
- Formaldehyde might not be listed on the product ingredient, but it produces when the preservative is activated by heat. Levels under 0.2% are considered safe by the EU &USA’S food and drug administration.
- The preservative is what provides the straightness – the more of it the straighter the hair, but the more formalin gets produced which causes health risks.
- Formaldehyde is a carcinogen found also in cigarettes & braai meat !
AFTER THE BRAZILIAN BLOW OUT
- Blow drying is 1/5 faster than usual
- Shrinks the volume by up to 75%
- Improves the hair condition by up to 55%
- Can be done every 3 – 4 months
- Only sulphate and sodium free after care products may be used for the best results to ensure the lifespan of the service which can last up to four months